Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Look at my poor Cassie!!!

  1. #1
    Inactive Member ColonialGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 31st, 2005
    Posts
    226
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Unhappy

    A few weeks ago, I bought a coat off of E-bay for Cassie. She is my Pre-Mattel, retired AGoT with brown hair and grey eyes (#9). It was darling, but when I took it off her so I could brush her hair, I noticed the lining had "bled" all over her arms.

    I felt like I was going to be sick! I tried everything, but nothing worked. Right now, I am trying the Oxy acne cream and waiting anxiously for it to work.

    As a last resort, I may have to send her in for an arm replacement.

    I've had her for almost 10 years and am just heartbroken that I let something like this happen to her. [img]frown.gif[/img]

    The E-bay seller has been really nice about it all, but I just want my Cassie to feel better!

    Here are some pictures:
    Poor Cassie

  2. #2
    Inactive Member amyjoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2004
    Posts
    1,029
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Oh My!!! Poor Cassie is right!!!!!! Those marks are awful!!! Poor Baby!!! I hope you can get them out!!!!

  3. #3
    Inactive Member DScully717's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2006
    Posts
    225
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Poor Cassie!!!

    It sounds like you're doing everything you can to fix her; just make sure you are using the 10% benzoyl peroxide (it works the best). The key, I think, is to keep applying it until it starts to fade. My Molly had a bizarre blue stain show up on her hand (no clue how that happened), but I used that acne stuff and it came off in about 2 days. Keep trying and good luck!!!

  4. #4
    Inactive Member stacird's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 22nd, 2004
    Posts
    156
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Last week I noticed dark purple all over my Katie's hand and wrist. Not as much as your doll, but just as dark.
    I "oxy'd" it once for a full day, wiped down and no change. Did this 2 more days. On day 3 I applied it and left for 4 hours, no change. I then reapplied and waited another 4-5 hours. When I wiped her down, it was completely gone! Not a single trace. I did keep moving her to keep her in the sunlight all day (South window).So be patient with it before sending her in for surgery. Hopefully you'll have good luck with her. I hate to see her have to leave home for a while!


    Stacird

  5. #5
    Inactive Member AGTeacher's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 19th, 2004
    Posts
    2,197
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Poor cassie. Lindsey got something like thatbut not to that extent from the AGPNY black and white jacket. AG was so nice enough to replace the two arms and refunded the money for the jacket. [img]smile.gif[/img]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member jamtoday's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 28th, 2005
    Posts
    72
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    If it's any consolation, at least the marks are blue. A doll restorationist told me that blue and purple marks come off much quicker than red marks. I'm still working on the red spots on my PM Felicity's arm. Sunlight can speed up the process as well, I think -- just make sure to cover up the rest of the doll's body so it doesn't fade and her clothes don't fade.

    Good luck!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •